I have been blessed to have people who are kind to me. I have been blessed many ways. I guess the saying “do to others what you want done to you” is true. I have always been kind to people, even if I am not kind to myself. I have always been kind to people who are kind to me, judge me, love me, or do not even know me. It’s who I am and I will never change. Many things have happened in my life that are not that pleasant and many things have happened in my life that are indeed pleasant. I’m glad to be who I am. Many people have treated me nice while others have not. Sometimes those that are mean to me and their attitudes have hurt me. But, instead of hating, I forgive, let go, and forget the past. Sometimes I think I am the only kind person in the world, to be honest.
Imagine my surprise when some people, that I think are not nice to me or I don’t even know me, are extremely nice to me. I’m kind to people but I never do it to expect something back. So, I still get extremely surprised.
Here are some examples:
- When I didn’t have food people,who didn’t even know that, would just call me and say “I have some food for you. I feel like you need it.”You do not know how much that has helped me.
- I have low self-esteem. When random people just walk up to me and say “you are beautiful” it makes me feel happy. I am still working on getting my self-esteem high and being happy just the way God created me.
- Some people who were never nice to me, suddenly are nice to me. They treat me great and tell me that because I was nice to them that changed them.
- A lot of people ask me for advice. It makes me happy to know that my words touch people’s heart in some way.
- Someone paying me my food or just treating me nice and smiling at me.
A smile can change everything. I know mine has. I know that I have changed people.
I think I will change the title. A lot of people have been nice to me. A lot, to be honest. But….I have been the stranger who has shown kindness. I’m not bragging here, but I am saying that it makes me happy to know that I have been that stranger who has shown kindness. And because of that I have been extremely blessed.
So this prompt is also one of my most favorites:
When was the last time a stranger did something particularly kind, generous, or selfless for you? Tell us what happened!